Forums
Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - Water at Pat Spring?

Water at Pat Spring?

This is the place for general discussion and backcountry information.

Moderators: dknapp1, Betsy M

Re: Water at Pat Spring?

Postby BP22 on Wed May 11, 2022 2:22 pm

I returned to Pat Spring yesterday and the flow was really good! it hasn't really rained over the last month when it was low, so maybe the spring was obstructed or something, but it was nice to see the good flow.
BP22

Postby BP22 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:35 pm

I was there today, and the water flow at the spring was alarmingly low. It was a tiny trickle. the weird thing is, I was there 2 weeks ago and the flow was good. I remember even last summer, in July, the flow was robust. I've actually never seen it this low. It took about over a minute to fill a 12 liter bottle. I noticed that water was flowing better outside and to the lower left of the spring box, so I stuck a twig in the dirt and tried that, and my bottle filled in about ten seconds. Seeing the flow that low in April was shocking, considering it rained last weekend, since I'm around here often. Maybe something is wrong with the spring pipes, although there seemed to be no obstructions. Or maybe it's just going dry because of drought. weird.
BP22

Postby sfrake on Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:54 pm

Plenty of water a couple of weeks ago (not my trip report): https://medium.com/p/dff3410782df

EricW wrote:Planning a weekend trip to VDC. Hoping to refill at Pat Spring, but not sure if there will be any water. However, it did rain last Saturday. Will be packing in a ton of water just in case it is dry.

Does anyone know if there's water at Pat Spring?
sfrake

Water at Pat Spring?

Postby EricW on Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:42 pm

Planning a weekend trip to VDC. Hoping to refill at Pat Spring, but not sure if there will be any water. However, it did rain last Saturday. Will be packing in a ton of water just in case it is dry.

Does anyone know if there's water at Pat Spring?
EricW

Return to Ventana Discussion