Forums
Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - Water sources Boronda Trail / Cold Springs Camp

Water sources Boronda Trail / Cold Springs Camp

This is the place for general discussion and backcountry information.

Moderators: dknapp1, Betsy M

Re: Water sources Boronda Trail / Cold Springs Camp

Postby Sillyman56 on Thu May 20, 2021 11:38 pm

As of 5/9/21, the Lafler canyon water source was flowing well, and as Betsy said the faucet at Cold Springs camp was working fine. At the Logwood Creek crossing just after Cold Springs camp, there was water in the creek but it was quite low and not flowing very much.
Sillyman56

Postby Betsy M on Tue May 11, 2021 7:32 pm

The water at Cold Spring is functional. The faucet is not up on the flat at the base of the tank, it is on the pipe to the right as you are standing on the road, facing the tank. See photos showing the location of the faucet.
Cold Spring Tank with Faucet Location.jpg
Faucet with Water.jpg
Betsy M

Postby BP22 on Fri May 07, 2021 3:10 pm

I checked the Lafler Canyon source in February and there was water, I imagine it still would be through May. The Cold Springs tank has no water, I think it had a leak or something, but it should be considered unreliable. About 100 yards down the Big Sur Trail from cold springs camp is Logwood Creek and that was flowing nicely in February and I imagine it's still good for water at this point. Sorry for no current info
BP22

Water sources Boronda Trail / Cold Springs Camp

Postby Sillyman56 on Thu May 06, 2021 4:22 pm

I’ve never been up this way before and was planning on hiking it. Is that spot on the trail map at Lafler Canyon creek/Pumphouse Usecamp a reliable source of water on the Boronda trail right now? And is it relatively easy to get to from the trail?

Also, is the tank at Cold Springs camp currently a reliable water source as well? Thanks!
Sillyman56

Return to Ventana Discussion