Heads Up! Bad Guy on the Loose!

This is the place for general discussion and backcountry information.

Moderators: Betsy M, dknapp1

Hillary

Re: Heads Up! Bad Guy on the Loose!

Post by Hillary »

Update! Bad guy caught in Seaside! He must have found some way to travel north... Careful which hitchhikers you pick up... Okay. Time to go back outside. Ciao!
badguy.png
Betsy M

Re: Heads Up! Bad Guy on the Loose!

Post by Betsy M »

This is pretty scary. I hope everyone will keep an eye out for this guy seen near Ragged Point. https://bigsurkate.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... o-big-sur/ Thank you Hilary for posting this.
Hillary

Heads Up! Bad Guy on the Loose!

Post by Hillary »

Heads up hikers in Silver Peak wilderness area - this guy may be hiding in the hills or trying to hitch a ride... (or maybe he's gonna swim for it??). As an occasional solo female trekker I think I'll be avoiding the area until they nab him.
badguy.png
Man Wanted in Double Homicide

Clovis Police are actively searching for Dave Thomas McCann in connection with a double homicide that occurred (yesterday) morning in Clovis.

Shortly before 4:00 a.m. (Yesterday) morning, Clovis police were called to the 700 block of W. Omaha on a report of a stabbing. Two victims were found deceased in the home. A witness identified Dave McCann as the suspect, and McCann was known to the victims and witness. The two victims were identified as Judith Cooper, 68, and her daughter, Tierney Cooper-McCann, 36.

McCann is described as a 47 year old white male, 6’2”, 220 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes.

McCann fled the area and a Penske rental box truck he was driving was located abandoned in Paso Robles. He may still be in the Paso area riding a 15 speed grey and tan mountain bike with disc brakes and a small tool kit under the seat. He's considered armed and dangerous so please call 911 if located.