Suggestions for a group over memorial day weekend.

This is the place for general discussion and backcountry information.

Moderators: Betsy M, dknapp1

at_scott

Re: Suggestions for a group over memorial day weekend.

Post by at_scott »

Thanks for the great feedback! I think we'll end up in Lost Valley.

-at_scott
Hillary

Post by Hillary »

Lost Valley is nice for groups - plenty of sites to camp at.

Words of warning:
...flies. Not sure what the weather will be out there that weekend, but FLIES. In your face. Nonstop. = Headnets!
...hot. Again, not sure the weather, but the valley is stiff hot when it is hot, which makes the trek harder too. Hope for fog + breeze.

Immensely popular but plenty of sites is Vicente Flats. It will have plenty of people on Memorial Day Weekend. They all will.
mikeg

Post by mikeg »

PIne Valley will be packed with campers on Memorial Weekend, So if that's where your going, better plan on arriving early on Friday...and watch the parade begin... Lost Valley could be considered strenuous, really depends of experience of your group.
Easy hike that wont have as many campers would be Carmel River Trail to Carmel River Camp, Buckskin Flat or Hiding camp.
at_scott

Suggestions for a group over memorial day weekend.

Post by at_scott »

I'm planning a 2-3 day trip for a group of 6 over memorial day weekend. I'd appreciate any suggestions for an appropriate trip that wouldn't be too crowded. Pine Valley seems like a good candidate since the meadow is large and could accommodate our group plus others. Buckeye camp seems like a good contender. I've never been to Lost Valley and was wondering if that would be appropriate. Our group would include people of different physical condition so we can't go on too strenuous of a trip.

Thanks!

at_scott