5 Day Hike

This is the place for general discussion and backcountry information.

Moderators: Betsy M, dknapp1

LJeffers

Re: 5 Day Hike

Post by LJeffers »

North Coast Ridge Road and Trail has spectacular views and is sedate by Ventana standards. You would start at the north end of the Coast Ridge Road off Highway1. Camping at Cold Spring, Bee Camp and Cook Spring or Trail Springs Camp last night at Vicente Flat gives a nice through-hike route and drops you onto Highway 1 at Kirk Creek on the fifth day. Each day on the Coast Ridge Road and Trail would require you to carry water between camps. You also would want to have and understand good maps; as I recollect, the junctions for Upper Bee and Cook Spring Camps are possible to miss. Cone Peak is a possible goal on day 4; if you carry water, you could even camp on top instead of at Cook or Trail Springs Camp.
Epstein

Re: 5 Day Hike

Post by Epstein »

I found this route on Alltrails: Coast Ridge Road and Nacimiento-Fergusson Road
There wasn't much in terms of comments. Wondering if anyone knows this trail and recommends it?
Thanks. r
Epstein

5 Day Hike

Post by Epstein »

Hi. I am travelling to the area at the end of May and am looking for a moderate 5 day hike to do with my son (he's 19). Rather do a loop or one way and find a ride back rather than a there and back. Love to get some mountain lakes too!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You. :D R