Search found 39 matches

by Hillary
Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:30 pm
Forum: Ventana Discussion
Topic: Marble Creek @ Arroyo Seco
Replies: 6
Views: 1215

Re: Marble Creek @ Arroyo Seco

K Vandevere wrote:the northern end of the Lost Valley Trail is, in the words of Mike Splain, "essentially gone."
Tell me more of this.... is this the "black" and "red" line on Jack's maps? Hmmm.... sounds sketchy. Anybody tried to push through?
by Hillary
Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:23 am
Topic: Marble Creek @ Arroyo Seco
Replies: 6
Views: 1215

Marble Creek @ Arroyo Seco

Howdy. I'm planning a trek that starts at Arroyo Seco Campground at the Marble Creek trail - camping at Tan Oak - continuing on and connecting south to Lost Valley Trail - camping at Lost Valley Camp - then cutting across to North Coast Ridge Trail and then Rodeo Flat and drop down to Santa Lucia Me...
by Hillary
Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:20 am
Forum: Silver Peak Wilderness Trails
Topic: Buckeye Trail
Replies: 111
Views: 83240

Re: Buckeye Trail

Date Hiked: December 18, 2014 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) Hiked from Cruickshank to Alder Creek Campground. Some minor washout that is very easy to negotiate as well as quite a bit of encroachment the higher up and further away from Villa Creek you get. ...
by Hillary
Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:14 am
Forum: Silver Peak Wilderness Trails
Topic: Cruikshank Trail
Replies: 131
Views: 74409

Re: Cruikshank Trail

Date Hiked: December 18, 2014 General Condition: Wilderness Freeway (Heavily used and/or well maintained) Trail is wide open and clear from Highway 1 to Cruikshank Camp where it meets Buckeye Trail. I didn't have to step over or around anything. The trail did remarkably well after the last couple o...
by Hillary
Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:51 am
Topic: effect of storm
Replies: 9
Views: 2051

Re: effect of storm

Cone Peak Road was closed when I drove by on Sunday. You'd have to park at the gate and hike to the trail head, which isn't too exciting really. Creek crossings could be kinda sketchy after all this rain. Be careful!
by Hillary
Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:31 pm
Topic: Is the Cone Peak Road open.
Replies: 10
Views: 3122

Re: Is the Cone Peak Road open.

Cone Peak road was closed when I drove by it on 10 Dec 2014.
by Hillary
Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:15 pm
Forum: Gear & Gadgets
Topic: SPOT
Replies: 8
Views: 5760

Re: SPOT

I borrowed a friend's SPOT recently on a solo in Ventana (Arroyo Seco - Cone Peak - Gamboa - Stone Ridge - Vicente). Didn't work when I was down in the valleys by the water (which is where most camps are). Some of my check in texts to my friend didn't go through. There was quite a bit of fog so mayb...
by Hillary
Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Forum: Ventana Wilderness Trails
Topic: Arroyo Seco Trail
Replies: 64
Views: 46109

Re: Arroyo Seco Trail

Date Hiked: December 8, 2014 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) Wow. What a difference one storm makes! I trekked this again today and whoa! Wear your long pants, long sleeves, and a great hat because you will be adventuring on this one. Many new trees down, mo...
by Hillary
Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:00 pm
Forum: Ventana Wilderness Trails
Topic: Arroyo Seco Trail
Replies: 64
Views: 46109

Re: Arroyo Seco Trail

Date Hiked: November 31, 2014 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) Trail between Sportsmans Club and North Coast Ridge Trail has some encroachment and downed trees that are okay to get around. Lots of poison oak and a few ticks. But it was absolutely beautiful an...