Search found 17 matches

by bigsurbob
Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:42 am
Forum: Ventana Discussion
Topic: Epic Rain
Replies: 5
Views: 1756

Re: Epic Rain

I recorded 6.12" at the Big Sur Station at 3pm Tuesday, and another 3.63" this morning. That's 9.75" with this storm. I've never seen more in 8 1/2 years. I've also never seen the river higher. I can't believe there weren't any devastating slides. Pfeiffer Big Sur is closed until furt...
by bigsurbob
Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:53 am
Topic: Big Sur Dope Bust
Replies: 1
Views: 1043

Re: Big Sur Dope Bust

How are you certain that it's locals? Could be Mexican cartel folk.
by bigsurbob
Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:32 am
Topic: Our Forest, Their Toilet
Replies: 4
Views: 1275

Re: Our Forest, Their Toilet

Go getem Boon. Here here. You see the same sort of carelessness at every turnout between Ragged Point and Garrapata, some consistently worse than others. You're getting your basic tourist for the most part, but that's no excuse. What is wrong with people?! Looking out over this million dollar view, ...
by bigsurbob
Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:47 pm
Topic: pine valley and visitng jack
Replies: 3
Views: 1201

Re: pine valley and visitng jack

That's right. He makes violin bows, so he likes to inlay abalone shells in them. He does like fresh fruit too!

Cool of you!
by bigsurbob
Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:44 pm
Forum: Trails and Trailwork Discussion
Topic: Little Sur Trail
Replies: 1
Views: 1216

Re: Little Sur Trail

The first place to legally camp on that trail is Pico Blanco public camp...about 6 miles in. The first mile and a half or so is a federal easment thru El Sur Ranch property. There are some places where people have camped along that first stretch, but that's definitely NOT allowed. That's one of the ...
by bigsurbob
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:52 pm
Topic: Flower Help
Replies: 3
Views: 1145

Re: Flower Help

I'm pretty sure the 2-toned monkey flowers, especially back where you were, are more specifically Santa Lucia Monkey Flower.

Great shots!