Search found 12 matches

by ChasWill51
Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:44 am
Forum: Ventana Discussion
Topic: Dick Smith Wilderness
Replies: 2
Views: 822

Dick Smith Wilderness

I hope to come back to Santa Barbara in the winter for another hike with my son. He mentioned the Dick Smith Wilderness. Anyone know anything about it or want to suggest a trip? Thanks!
by ChasWill51
Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 am
Forum: Trails and Trailwork Discussion
Topic: Cruickshank, Salmon, Buckeye loop
Replies: 17
Views: 5516

Re: Cruickshank, Salmon, Buckeye loop

Hi All. I was getting ready to start a new post about the Dick Smith Wilderness and saw there was still an request for a picture of the slide. Here is one from my memorial day trip http://www.ouachitamaps.com/picture_library/Silver%20Peak/Silver%20Peak%20Pic%209344%20Slide.jpg The location was GPSed...
by ChasWill51
Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:07 pm

I completed my web page for Cruickshank-Salmon-Buckeye Loop. It includes a free downloadable 1:24,000 topo with a gps tracks of the trail, Google Earth images with an overlay of the trail, a downloadable gps track, pictures, trail description, and an interactive mileage chart. See http://www.ouachit...
by ChasWill51
Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 am

Hi All Just got back from doing the loop. Weather was great and your help made it successful. I have posted trail reports and will post a more detailed trip report soon but right now need to get back to work. Bur before I do: 1) JBL. You win! PO in the upper portions of the Salmon and Cruickshank tr...
by ChasWill51
Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:55 am
Forum: Silver Peak Wilderness Trails
Topic: Buckeye Trail
Replies: 108
Views: 81597

Buckeye Trail

Date Hiked: May 30, 2010 General Condition: Clear (no obstacles and tread well defined) Buckeye Trail, May 30, 2010, from Salmon Station TH to Cruickshank Camp. The trail from Salmon Station to Buckeye Camp is a clear with good tread and open of vegetation. PO is present on the steep trail coming u...
by ChasWill51
Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:40 am
Topic: Salmon Creek Trail
Replies: 129
Views: 75182

Salmon Creek Trail

Date Hiked: May 29, 2010 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) Salmon Creek Trail, May 29, 2010, from Hwy 1 TH to Ridge Rd. The from Hwy 1 to Estrella Camp is a freeway with good tread, and open of vegetation. PO is rare but present, generally below knee height an...
by ChasWill51
Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:28 am
Topic: Cruikshank Trail
Replies: 131
Views: 72551

Cruikshank Trail

Date Hiked: May 28, 2010 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) Cruickshank Trail, May 28, 2010, from Hwy 1 TH to Ridge Rd. The from Hwy 1 to Cruikshank Camp is a freeway with good tread, and open of vegetation. PO is rare but present, generally below knee height a...
by ChasWill51
Thu May 27, 2010 6:48 am

I have the gloves, but better tell my son to grab a pair. The stick is a great idea.

Thanks all for the help.
by ChasWill51
Wed May 26, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Jack I have a friend named Jack and last time I greeted him like that at the airport I almost got arrested. Ok, an old joke. Thanks for the link, it would have saved me a lot of Google time. I ended up finding a different more universal source of the same USFS tracks. Check out Trails Co-op at ht...
by ChasWill51
Mon May 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi Again Hate to press my luck but as I prepare my preliminary topo, I have a couple more questions. 1) Anyone have coordinates for the camps or even GPS tracks they want to share? 2) The USGS topo and Google Earth show an old road bed between Estrella and the ridge road. Is that now the trail? Than...