Search found 5 matches

by neil
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:45 pm
Forum: Ventana Discussion
Topic: gear left on trail
Replies: 4
Views: 1444

gear left on trail

we found a pack along the ventana double cone trail about 3/4 mile north of the puerto suello trail junction. also found a pocket knife (official boy scout issue) about a mile from the summit of double cone. the pack should be retrieved from the trail. i kept the knife if you want it back post a rep...
by neil
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:34 pm
Topic: pine valley and visitng jack
Replies: 3
Views: 1230

Re: pine valley and visitng jack

we didnt quite make to jacks place this time as the trail between botchers and double cone then down puerto suello wore us out. we went back out to pat srings, and will have to make it to see pine valley another time. see my trail reports
by neil
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:31 pm
Forum: Ventana Wilderness Trails
Topic: Puerto Suello Trail
Replies: 48
Views: 33535

bushwack from ventana trail down to carmel river

Date Hiked: August 8, 2009 General Condition: Impassable (completely overgrown or tread obliterated) the trail exists near the top of the ridge but then as you descend it is nonexistent following the creek. but make sure your head south as the drainage narrows so that you hit the trail as it goes a...
by neil
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:22 pm
Forum: Ventana Wilderness Trails
Topic: Ventana Double Cone Trail
Replies: 92
Views: 66269

trail between pat spring and double cone

Date Hiked: August 8, 2009 General Condition: Difficult (brushy and/or many deadfalls, faint tread) leaving pat spring the trail is clear for a while until the non-existent little pines camp the trail is hard to follow and burned downfall etc make cross country travel the reality. then the trail ha...
by neil
Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 pm
Topic: pine valley and visitng jack
Replies: 3
Views: 1230

pine valley and visitng jack

hey folks my friend and I will be hiking from botchers gap to double cone and then down into pine valley. we are excited to check out the valley and to visit/meet jack and just wondering where in the valley does he live, is it hard to find? also what gift should I bring to him-whiskey,cookies? any i...