Search found 129 matches

by rt1
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:11 am
Forum: Ventana Discussion
Topic: Turner Creek to Pat Springs: Whats the water and parking situation?
Replies: 5
Views: 344

Re: Turner Creek to Pat Springs: Whats the water and parking situation?

Yes, The Hoist is the junction of Palo Colorado Road and Long Ridge Road. Palo Colorado Road is gated just past The Hoist. You will see a row of mailboxes labeled "The Hoist".
by rt1
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:50 am
Topic: The canyon that ate Cone Peak Road
Replies: 6
Views: 2044

Re: The canyon that ate Cone Peak Road

I would guess that when there's a need for fire access, something will get done.
by rt1
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:46 pm
Topic: Great American Outdoors Act
Replies: 0
Views: 546

Great American Outdoors Act

I saw in the latest newsletter that the VWM submitted project recommendations to Los Padres NF supervisor's office for the Great American Outdoors Act. Is there anywhere we can view these recommendations?
Thanks!
by rt1
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 am
Forum: Ventana Wilderness Trails
Topic: Marble Peak Trail
Replies: 111
Views: 68888

Re: Marble Peak Trail

Date Hiked: February 3, 2020 General Condition: Clear (no obstacles and tread well defined) Section: Horsebridge to saddle between Willow Creek and Camp Creek With the exception of a few step-over logs, the trail is generally clear. There is some knee-high poison oak in places that can be mostly av...
by rt1
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:31 pm
Topic: Cone Peak Trail
Replies: 87
Views: 73251

Re: Cone Peak Trail

Date Hiked: July 14, 2018 General Condition: Clear (no obstacles and tread well defined) This report covers the section from Cone Peak Road to the summit of Cone Peak. Trail is in great condition with a little bit of mostly avoidable knee high poison oak. The trail has been getting solid use, it ap...
by rt1
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:28 pm
Topic: Vicente Flat Trail (Cone Peak Road to Vicente Flat Camp)
Replies: 19
Views: 19335

Re: Vicente Flat Trail (Cone Peak Road to Vicente Flat Camp)

Date Hiked: July 14, 2018 General Condition: Clear (no obstacles and tread well defined) This trail is in good condition with nothing that needs to be climbed over or crawled under. If it weren't for the knee high poison oak in places, which is basically the Ventana standard, I'd be comfortable doi...
by rt1
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:23 pm
Topic: Kirk Creek Trail (Highway One to Vicente Flat Camp)
Replies: 125
Views: 47141

Re: Kirk Creek Trail (Highway One to Vicente Flat Camp)

Date Hiked: July 15, 2018 General Condition: Clear (no obstacles and tread well defined) Hiked up to Vicente Flat from Highway 1 on Friday and hiked out on Sunday. This is a very scenic trail with a mix of ocean views, redwood canyons, condors (I think), and views of Cone Peak.The tread is in very ...
by rt1
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:05 pm
Topic: Fire Restrictions
Replies: 9
Views: 3673

Fire Restrictions

According to the Los Padres NF site, the Forest is still on winter fire restrictions. Honestly, I'm surprised that they haven't implemented the campfire ban for the summer yet. Does anyone know when they plan to implement them and what the criteria is for deciding to?
by rt1
Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:05 pm
Topic: A Controversial Plan to Privatize Campgrounds & Trailheads
Replies: 8
Views: 3603

Re: A Controversial Plan to Privatize Campgrounds & Trailhea

I know China Camp campground is on the list but what about parking at the trailhead be included? Will Interagency Passes work?
by rt1
Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:38 pm
Topic: Jackson Camp Trail
Replies: 9
Views: 12012

Re: Jackson Camp Trail

Date Hiked: February 27, 2016 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) Ran from the Scout Camp to Fish Camp. Tread is in good condition. Things are much as pantilat reported previously. Nothing too major; never had to crawl or climb over anything. The one big log has...