Search found 5 matches

by Sillyman56
Thu May 20, 2021 11:38 pm
Forum: Ventana Discussion
Topic: Water sources Boronda Trail / Cold Springs Camp
Replies: 3
Views: 1007

Re: Water sources Boronda Trail / Cold Springs Camp

As of 5/9/21, the Lafler canyon water source was flowing well, and as Betsy said the faucet at Cold Springs camp was working fine. At the Logwood Creek crossing just after Cold Springs camp, there was water in the creek but it was quite low and not flowing very much.
by Sillyman56
Thu May 06, 2021 4:22 pm
Topic: Water sources Boronda Trail / Cold Springs Camp
Views: 1007

Water sources Boronda Trail / Cold Springs Camp

I’ve never been up this way before and was planning on hiking it. Is that spot on the trail map at Lafler Canyon creek/Pumphouse Usecamp a reliable source of water on the Boronda trail right now? And is it relatively easy to get to from the trail? Also, is the tank at Cold Springs camp currently a r...
by Sillyman56
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:20 pm
Forum: Ventana Wilderness Trails
Topic: Church Creek Trail
Replies: 52
Views: 37337

Re: Church Creek Trail

Date Hiked: February 8, 2020 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) Hiked from Tassajara Rd to the divide. There were occasional brushy patches between Wildcat camp and Church ranch road, but not bad. I got turned around and missed a switchback just after Wildcat c...
by Sillyman56
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:03 am
Topic: Hiking Tassajara Road
Views: 1136

Re: Hiking Tassajara Road

Are you saying avoid the road on weekends due to hiker foot traffic or vehicle traffic? Thanks
by Sillyman56
Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:15 pm
Topic: Hiking Tassajara Road
Views: 1136

Hiking Tassajara Road

I am trying to plan a loop out of China camp - pretty much a figure 8 out to the divide or maybe pine valley camp, then down church creek trail to wildcat camp, down horse pasture to marble peak, and back up Tony and on to Tassajara rd. Is it worth it/enjoyable to hike Tassajara rd back up to China ...