Search found 8 matches

by mmaki
Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 pm
Forum: Ventana Wilderness Trails
Topic: Skinner Ridge Trail
Replies: 51
Views: 36320

Re: Skinner Ridge Trail

Date Hiked: May 22, 2018 General Condition: Difficult (brushy and/or many deadfalls, faint tread) Entire section hiked. This was my last trail completing a section hike of the Condor Trail. The portion of the trail that follows the old road bed/firebreak up high before Devils Peak and shortly there...
by mmaki
Sun May 27, 2018 10:05 pm
Topic: Carmel River Trail
Replies: 144
Views: 83355

Re: Carmel River Trail - Pine Vly Camp to Hiding Cyn Camp

Date Hiked: May 21, 2018 General Condition: Difficult (brushy and/or many deadfalls, faint tread) From Pine Valley Camp to Hiding Canyon Camp. RIght out of Pine Valley Camp the trail is easy to follow. Even some flagging to help. Once down in the gorge becomes a bit more difficult to find. I had so...
by mmaki
Fri May 25, 2018 10:23 am
Topic: Black Cone Trail
Replies: 46
Views: 36144

Re: Black Cone Trail

Date Hiked: May 20, 2018 General Condition: Difficult (brushy and/or many deadfalls, faint tread) Not a lot to add as the two to three previous reports cover the conditions quite well. I hiked the trail as part of my last section hike of the Condor Trail. I believe Jack's report below is referring ...
by mmaki
Thu May 24, 2018 10:37 pm
Topic: Puerto Suello Trail
Replies: 47
Views: 32105

Re: Puerto Suello Trail

Date Hiked: May 21, 2018 General Condition: Difficult (brushy and/or many deadfalls, faint tread) Hiked this as part of my last section hike of the Condor Trail. I wish there was an alternate but I get to say I've been up Puerto Suelo! This trail is a mess once you hop over the somewhat easy to fol...
by mmaki
Sat May 05, 2018 10:28 pm
Forum: Silver Peak Wilderness Trails
Topic: Willow Creek Trail
Replies: 16
Views: 23527

Re: Willow Creek Trail S-N Upstream

Date Hiked: April 30, 2018 General Condition: Difficult (brushy and/or many deadfalls, faint tread) Trail is not bad from Willow Creek Spur Road end (abandoned homeless encampment) to Willow Creek Camp. I would rate that section as Clear. Spent the night at the camp with the picnic table. Beautiful...
by mmaki
Sat May 05, 2018 9:50 pm
Topic: Buckeye Trail
Replies: 108
Views: 79821

Re: Buckeye Trail North Villa Creek to Alder Creek CG

Date Hiked: April 29, 2018 General Condition: Difficult (brushy and/or many deadfalls, faint tread) Amazing how quickly this trail deteriorates once leaving Villa Creek heading north to Alder Creek CG. Very brushy and moderate poison oak. Difficult to find and follow at times, but with patience it ...
by mmaki
Sat May 05, 2018 9:47 pm
Topic: Buckeye Trail
Replies: 108
Views: 79821

Re: Buckeye Trail North to Villa Creek

Date Hiked: April 29, 2018
General Condition: Clear (no obstacles and tread well defined)

Trail easy to follow and clear from Salmon Creek Trailhead to Villa Creek. After Villa Creek a different story and seperate post. All creeks and water sources flowing. Condor Trail section hike.
by mmaki
Sat May 05, 2018 9:31 pm
Topic: San Carpóforo Trail (aka Spruce Creek, Dutra Flats)
Replies: 62
Views: 44746

San Carpóforo Trail

Date Hiked: April 28, 2018 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) Hiked east to west. Trail is faint and could be difficult to find if you did not know where to look off Baldwin Ranch Road. Old sign still there. Trail followable. Not much in terms of obstacles. Los...