Search found 4 matches

by Brian M McCutcheon
Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:28 am
Forum: Ventana Wilderness Trails
Topic: Rocky Creek Trail
Replies: 11
Views: 13492

Re: Rocky Creek Trail

Date Hiked: November 5, 2022 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) My dog Cooper and I hiked the full length of the Rocky Creek trail, out and back. The trail hugs the steep hillside throughout its length with the exception of roughly a third of a mile on each end...
by Brian M McCutcheon
Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:20 pm
Topic: Santa Lucia Trail
Replies: 75
Views: 55370

Re: Santa Lucia Trail

Date Hiked: October 22, 2022 General Condition: Difficult (brushy and/or many deadfalls, faint tread) THIS REPORT COVERS THE SECTION FROM THE TRAILHEAD AT ARROYO SECO CAMPGROUND TO THE JUNCTION WITH THE CONNECTOR TRAIL TO INDIANS ROAD. On this day, the hike was very difficult. When I did this hike ...
by Brian M McCutcheon
Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:13 pm
Topic: Rodeo Flats Trail
Replies: 17
Views: 15599

Re: Rodeo Flats Trail

Date Hiked: December 26, 2016 General Condition: Clear (no obstacles and tread well defined) My dog Dash and I hiked Rodeo Flats from Arroyo Seco Trail to the top and back. My guess is that a bulldozer came through within the past year, but I don't speak bulldozer-track so might have misread the ti...
by Brian M McCutcheon
Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:45 pm
Topic: Arroyo Seco Trail
Replies: 64
Views: 47726

Re: Arroyo Seco Trail

Date Hiked: December 26, 2016 General Condition: Passable (some brush and/or deadfalls, tread evident) My dog Dash and I hiked the section of Arroyo Seco Trail up to Rodeo Flats, and found it passable without any major difficulties. I also brushed hundreds of ticks off of us. The creek crossing hal...