Forums

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION - updated January 22, 2021

Effective January 22, 2021 U.S. Forest Service - Los Padres National Forest has re-opened most unburned areas of the Monterey Ranger District. In and around the northern Ventana Wilderness, most lands north of and including the Marble Peak Trail are open.

The Pine Ridge Trail from Big Sur Station to Redwood Camp remains closed.

Lands south of Willow Creek Road, including most of the Silver Peak Wilderness, are also open. Most back roads (including Del Venturi/Milpitas, Nacimiento-Fergusson, Plaskett Ridge, Willow Creek/Los Burros, & South Coast Ridge roads) remain gated and closed.

This map depicts the closure boundary. Still not sure if a particular road, trail, or camp is open? Call the Monterey Ranger District at 831-385-5434. Please enjoy your public lands responsibly, abide by NO CAMPFIRE restrictions, pack out everything you pack in (including toilet paper), and leave this special place better than you found it.

State Parks

The following are open for day use:  Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, Garrapata State Park - Soberanes Canyon Trail, Andrew Molera State Park, Point Sur State Historic Park (tours only), and Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park (go online or call to find out if the park's campgrounds are open) 

The following remain closed: Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, John Little State Natural Reserve, Limekiln State Park 

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO (additional US Forest Service information for the Monterey Ranger District): Please note that the information above is oftentimes more up-to-date than the US Forest Service site. Call 831-385-5434 with questions. 

Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - How to submit trail conditions report for unlisted trail

How to submit trail conditions report for unlisted trail

This is the place to post your question about the new forums and ask for help or additional features.

Moderators: Betsy M, dknapp1

Re: How to submit trail conditions report for unlisted trail

Postby VWA Admin on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:05 pm

In general, trail reports are for USFS system trails only. Let's keep it wild out there by leaving non-system trails & cross-country routes off of the internet!
VWA Admin

Postby Jack rabbit on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:19 am

put your report here, inquiring minds will marvel at the audacity of your trip
Jack rabbit

Postby gfelsman on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Unless Mike decides to make a new trail for the Silver Peak. I would suggest the following.

Title might be some thing like this.

Cruickshank Trail - Silver Peak Use Trail.

Then put in the report this report is for the Silver Peak Use Trail from the Intersection with the Cruickshank Trail to the summit of Silver Peak.

When I first saw the post I was a bit confused but figured it out.

That is my two cents.
gfelsman

How to submit trail conditions report for unlisted trail

Postby mcarey on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:49 pm

I would like to submit a conditions report for the Silver Peak UseTrail. However, this is not one listed currently in the trail conditions section here:

https://www.ventanawild.org/forums/silv ... ess-trails

There is no button available to create "New Post" or "Add Trail" to the list.
Please advise where I can submit my trail conditions report?
mcarey

Return to Forum Help