Forums
Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - Willow Creek/ Plasket Ridge Rd Conditions

Willow Creek/ Plasket Ridge Rd Conditions

This is the place for general discussion, not specifically related to trails

Moderators: dknapp1, Betsy M

Re: Willow Creek/ Plasket Ridge Rd Conditions

Postby whole_grain_bread on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:40 am

Porcupine wrote:Don't know about Willow Creek Rd (isn't it called Los Burros Rd ?) but I would assume you would have no problems.

Thank you! I haven't been over there since last summer and was curious if all the rains and storms had washed them out or created really bad gullies or anything.

I've seen it called Will Creek, Willow Creek, and Los Burros haha so wasn't sure which to use. It's the next dirt road (heading south) going "up" into the mountains after Plasket Ridge.
whole_grain_bread

Re: Willow Creek/ Plasket Ridge Rd Conditions

Postby Porcupine on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:55 pm

Plaskett Ridge road is fine as long as you don't drive it within 24 hours of a rain. It is a bit muddy in spots but driveable. I can't say I would recommend 2wd the whole way to the locked gate but I found no issues for the 1st Mile. Don't know about Willow Creek Rd (isn't it called Los Burros Rd ?) but I would assume you would have no problems.
Porcupine

Willow Creek/ Plasket Ridge Rd Conditions

Postby whole_grain_bread on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Curious if anyone has been on/ near Willow/Will Creek Rd or Plasket Ridge Rd recently and knows of the conditions. Or any of the similar roads nearby.

Are they totally washed out? Completely impassable? 4wd ok? Good to go?

Looking to do a trip in the coming weeks from Nacimiento-Fergussen -> Hwy 1 and up Plasket Ridge / Will Creek a ways to camp.

Saw in another thread some folks speculating they're washed out from the storms but has anyone seen them at all?

Any details greatly appreciated.
whole_grain_bread

Return to Ventana Discussion