Forums
Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - Best gloves for trail work?

Best gloves for trail work?

This is the place to talk about the tools & toys that make for easy living in the backcountry.

Moderators: Betsy M, dknapp1

Re: Best gloves for trail work?

Postby Steve B on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:28 pm

John
I have not found any gloves that last very long; trail work is rough on gloves. Even my Forest Service issue gloves didn’t last very long, especially when removing rocks from fire rings and doing rock work. I have been buying cheap gloves at Harbor Freight, they seem to last as long as expensive leather gloves and they only cost about about five bucks. When the fingers get holes I wrap them with duct tape and make them last a little longer.
Attachments
glove_1557.JPG
Harbor Freight Gloves
Steve B

Best gloves for trail work?

Postby js_radford on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:15 pm

I've grown quite tired of buckskin or pigskin gloves developing holes in the fingers and having to be thrown away when 95% of the glove is still in good to great shape. I recently bought a great pair of "Custom Leathercraft 125M Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves" and used for several days. They seemed so good, I was going to extol their virtues in this forum. Then just after 4 days of use (pretty heavy use but only FOUR days!), they failed wretchedly. See my 1-star review at Amazon for that glove, which though very well made, has a mind-boggling fatal design flaw, IMHO.

What are your favorite gloves? I am back to the drawing board. I know Betsy has favorites (what were they again?) and favorite uses for duct tape as well. Anybody else?

Thanks for your help.
js_radford

Return to Gear & Gadgets