Forums
Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - Willett Trail

Willett Trail

This is the place to post your question about the new forums and ask for help or additional features.

Moderators: Betsy M, dknapp1

Re: Willett Trail

Postby yesuree on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Thank you for that confirmation that, indeed, Ventana Wild does list it as the Mansfield Ravine trail, which is as confusing as it is incorrect. I've recently talked with the USFS personnel at the Pacific Valley station, where the trail can be accessed, who confirm the official name of the trail, as posted at the trail head on Hwy 1 just south of the station, and as referred to by them, is the Willett Trail. Mansfield Ravine may be a convenient way for regular users and in-groups to refer to a former name of the trail but for anyone new to hiking it, there will be perplexity resulting from trying to reconcile Ventana Wild outdated info with current, accurate info and likely to contribute to a lack of confidence in using the site. Too bad.
yesuree

Re: Willett Trail

Postby mikesplain on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:49 pm

It is indeed currently listed as Mansfield Ravine Trail- http://www.ventanawild.org/section-trai ... trail.html
mikesplain

Willett Trail

Postby yesuree on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Can anyone tell me what happened to the Willett Trail listing under Silver Peak Wilderness Trails? İ haven't tried to access in a year or two and now that İ look can't find it. It is the same trail as the Mansfield Ravine trail which has caused confusion to have both listed in the past. So it's understandable that the forums should merge under one name but the trail offically became known as the Willett trail shortly after Mr. Willett sold the property and was noted as such by a forestry installed sign at the Hwy 1 entrance. As far as I know this has not changed. And what happened to those older posts for the Willett trail? I would like to access those posts. Thanks for any info on this.
yesuree

Return to Forum Help