Forums
Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - BBcode?

BBcode?

This is the place to post your question about the new forums and ask for help or additional features.

Moderators: Betsy M, dknapp1

Re: BBcode?

Postby dknapp1 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:12 am

I believe that we have fixed the problem. Anyone who wants to have bbcode enabled for themselves, let me know.

John, please test your bb code abilities, and let me know if they don't work.

Thanks!

dbk
dknapp1

Postby fedak on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:37 am

[size=200]Testing...[/size]

BBCode is off for me :(

Can this be resolved?
(I *do* have it enabled in my control panel preferences)
fedak

Postby Betsy M on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Oh; OK, John Yeo is also cool. Now the clue makes sense. But getting back to BBcode, could the great and wonderful Oz possibly turn on BBcode for specific individuals, who might post cool pics?
Betsy M

Postby dknapp1 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:04 pm

That's John Yeo.

Also, the BBcode stuff works for Boon because he is an admin - at least that's my guess.
I think that if we can successfully thwart the spammers, then we might be able to turn it on for everyone, but if not, we run the risk of having potentially unsavory pics being posted.

dbk
dknapp1

Postby Betsy M on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:19 pm

OK I think the cold dude is Boon. Only because everyone else I can think of wears glasses.
BBCode is turned OFF for me, so it doesn't seem like it has been turned on globally. The website has a long explanation of BBCode without ever explaining what BB stands for which is king of annoying. Irritating, actually. But if anyone can figure how to turn it on for those of us who want to make bold face, colored, large font comments, and also add photos, that would be cool.
Betsy
Betsy M

Postby Boon on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Its looks to me like BBCode has been activated by forum admin, although I'm not exactly sure what it means. In this reply window I see all sorts of new tools, and will attempt to test a few of them below.

Apparently we can now designate font color, font size, boldness and italics, and some other stuff. But perhaps the biggest deal is being able to post inline photos:

This dude looks cold. 2 brownie points to the first person who can name him. Hint: he's way into dirt.

It's nice to be making use of some of the bells and whistles of this powerful new software, and I hope the rest of it will eventually be turned on as well, like the little personal signature images that users can include next to their posts.
Boon

BBcode?

Postby fedak on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Can't seem to enable BBcode, is this globally disabled?

(if so, can it be turned on?)
fedak

Return to Forum Help