Forums
Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - Is there a problem with the automatic log in utility?

Is there a problem with the automatic log in utility?

This is the place to post your question about the new forums and ask for help or additional features.

Moderators: Betsy M, dknapp1

Re: Is there a problem with the automatic log in utility?

Postby dknapp1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:06 pm

can you highlight the url and paste it here? If you click in the address bar that has the link, then hit Control - and A, then control - C post a reply - and hit control - v - that should paste your link. Instead of posting it here - email it to me and I can verify it.

It should look something like this
index.php?sid=37f49857564739390b44cf89bf7a77

For the technical experts - that is not my sid :D

dbk
dknapp1

Postby Carl Mounteer on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:37 pm

I don't know what an "sid" is but I performed all of the steps that were given. After I deleted the Board cookies, I cleared all the cookies in my browser, logged back in, and copied the address where I was at that moment. I designated this as a "Favorite" and added it to my toolbar.

I know this is not just a problem with AOL. I went through the same procedure without using AOL on the Internet Explorer platform and had exactly the same result.

This isn't a big deal. But it would be a great convenience to be logged back in automatically each time you enter the Forum.
Carl Mounteer

Postby dknapp1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:11 pm

Did you update your bookmark to be the link with the sid in it?

You have to make the link in step 5 be your bookmark.

dbk
dknapp1

Postby Carl Mounteer on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:57 pm

Thanks for the advice Dave. I tried this as instructed. It only works if you close the window without logging out. If you log out and then try to visit the forum again via a bookmark ("My Favorites" on AOL) you don't get logged in again automatically but have to do it manually.
Carl Mounteer

Postby dknapp1 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Carl, thanks for bringing this up. I've been having the same issue too, so your comment prompted me to do something about it.
I'm using Firefox 3.03, and found this solution on the web.

SOLUTION TO THE AUTO-LOGIN PROBLEM

Postby Jo_16_2 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:18 pm
okay, just figured out:
1 - log out
2 - click on "Delete all board cookies" at the bottom of the page
3 - clear the cache and cookies from your BROWSER.
4 - log back in
5 - your address will look like "http://www.ventanawild.com/forum08/index.php?sid=bunch of random numbers" use that address to enter the forum, ONLY that address, put it on your bookmarks or something.

I followed those directions, and now I'm logged in all the time.

Let me know if that works for you.

dbk
dknapp1

Postby mark on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 am

Check to make sure your browser is configured to allow cookies to be saved
mark

Postby jonl on Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:41 am

CArl:
I had the same problem when I tried to log in on a Dell. Someone told me that it had something to do with a firewall or something. I just got a MacBook and I am logged in every time I visit. So, it has something to do with how your computer is configured.
Good luck...JL
jonl

Is there a problem with the automatic log in utility?

Postby Carl Mounteer on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:09 pm

Every time I manually log in, I check the box to log me in AUTOMATICALLY each time I visit the Forum. But the next time I visit the Forum I am not automatically logged in and have to do it manually all over again to be shown as a member on the Forum.

This isn't a big deal. But am doing something causing me not to be automatically logged in each time I visit the Forum? Or is there a problem with the automatic log in utility?
Carl Mounteer

Return to Forum Help