Forums
Ventana Wilderness Forums • View topic - Backpack supplies in Big Sur

Backpack supplies in Big Sur

This is the Wilderness marketplace.

Re: Backpack supplies in Big Sur

Postby riatch on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:04 pm

I agree Earthling. Thanks for posting. Nola and Wally run a helpful and handy shop!
riatch

Backpack supplies in Big Sur

Postby earthling27 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:04 pm

This may be common knowledge, but it's new to me. I needed to find a place in/near Big Sur to purchase canister fuel for my backpack stove since I'll be flying to SJC in the evening to start a trip on Vicente Flat trail the next morning. REI and other stores near SJC which sell it close too early or open too late. After numerous phone calls, emails, and web searches, I was fortunate to find a source on the Big Sur Chamber of Commerce (!) website--

Coast Ridge Outfitters (831) 667-2130 Located on Hwy 1 at the Fernwood Resort and Campground just 1/2 mile north of Pfieffer Big Sur State Park. Providing campground necessities from RV accessories to tents, sleeping bags, lanterns and fuel to knives, flashlights, batteries, digital memory cards for cameras and cell phones. Surf and skate accessories. Maps, first hand direction(s) to local trails, including back country information, and highway accesible points of interest.

Thought other folks in a similar situation might find it helpful.
earthling27

Return to For Sale, Barter or Trade